Monday, September 14, 2015

Commonality

Lately, I've been thinking that I wish my husband and I had more in common. It seems like whatever I want to do he's not down for and vice versa. I mean I guess he's a typical guy he likes sports..(drawing a blank)...oh he likes to stay home (which you think would be a good thing), he's more of a morning person and if there is anything else it escapes me.
I despise all forms of sports (Unfortunately it's football season). I like watching movies.  I don't mind staying home every now and then but would occasionally like to go out to eat or to a movie hang with friends etc. I am definitely a night person (it's 11:47pm he's snoring and I'm well...).
I am off every other weekend at my job. This off weekend consisted of taking care of the kids and watching Law and Order on Netflix. I like Law and Order. Early Saturday the husband said we should watch a movie (I guess he gets credit for trying). We go though the day 9pm comes around I'm like let's watch the movie. His response, it's too late but we proceed to have a Law and Order marathon because apparently that's the compromise.
It makes me sad to think that we are too opposite. I suggested going to a comedy show because I had an unplanned day off coming up and he proceeds to tell me about things we need for the kids. Well I guess we can't afford it. Such a downer!!!
It's like I want us to spend time together inside and outside the house but it seems we can not find a happy medium. We end up unhappily tolerating what the other wants. Or at least I do.

No comments: