Saturday, December 27, 2014

I'm the Grinch!

At work right now in a somewhat jolly mood so thought I'd write a little something. So Christmas is over and it was great. One of my favorite holidays. The kids got a lot of gifts from me and other family members. I'm blessed. On the holidays my husband, the kids, and I usually visit his Mother and my Aunty. Last year at my Aunts we drew names for Secret Santa's and everyone made a list of three things that they wanted and put a 25 dollar limit. Everyone exchanged gifts. I felt as if my person was satisfied with my gift but I feel like I could of given something better. When asked if we want to do Secret Santa again my husband and I said no. My Uncle felt as if we were being a Grinch to not want to give gifts for a mere limit of 25 dollars.


>>I feel as if I do not know some of my aunts and uncles I see JUST on holidays enough to get a thoughtful gift regardless of what they put on the list. I enjoy Christmas and don't just give gifts out of obligation. I try to give out of love.
>The response to that was to get a gift card. And that having one person to give to saves money.
>>No one wants a gift card every year. And to me that says that you did not think enough about the person to get a thoughtful gift. Even though there are certain occasions when gift cards are okay. I think gift cards should be used in collaboration with another gift. Also you do not know everyone's financial situation to assume they should be able to give.  If I didn't get anything for Christmas and the kids got everything. I'd be fine.


I did not argue because it is pointless to do so because nothing I say will change anyone's mind. I think that Christmas is mainly about the kids anyway. If they want to do Secret Santa they can. I also feel that because I like to give good gifts I was pressured on what to buy because I really didn't know the person. SO I guess next year everyone will be happy with gift cards. Merry Christmas!


In other news it's my birthday. Excited to turn up! My plans are to drink the night away.

No comments: