Sunday, December 7, 2014

Thanksgiving.Cards gone wild.

Rarely do I find the time and energy to spill out all my emotions in a blog. But it's been asked of me to write a few words.

I actually had Thanksgiving and Black Friday off. So I spent that time to with my family (meaning my husband and kids). I work nights during the weekend from 10pm to 8 am. So needless to say that when my family is at home I am sleep preparing to work that night. I am off 3 days during the week. After the kids and hubby get home from daycare and work I only have a few hours to spend with them before they have to go to bed early to wake up the next day and do it all again.  

Which brings me back to having Thanksgiving off and Black Friday off. It was great to actually be able to play and spend time with the husband and kids for a change. I was not aware how much I really missed being with them, especially my husband. Getting into the routine of things sometimes makes me feel like family is chore but having that time makes me realize that it is more than that and to be grateful. 

It just made me think of the fact that I married my husband for a reason. I actually like him! Lol. We used to try to have date nights once a month and we did for a few months but now it is not really in the budget too much anymore. He says that he misses me and quiet as it's kept I miss him too. He wants me to find a job working during the week which I understand. I don't mind working nights that introvert in me loves it actually. I would probably be up anyways. And my job is usually not that stressful. But for the sake of my family I will look for jobs that have better days and hours. 

Also, I believe that I've discovered that I do not want to work in my field. I do not believe that I have the personality to be a successful therapist and I have found that I do not like the structure of the field. Honestly, at this point it I feel like it's too late and expensive to go back to school. I often say that I want to find a job that I like and I believe that I can . I like working with people with disabilities. I recently had an appointment with a temp service to see if they could help me find some jobs. They haven't told me anything yet.

My favorite holiday Christmas is coming up. I just love the atmosphere, the music, and the warm feelings I get. I actually like getting presents for others when I am able. I recently decided to get a credit card. Apparently I have a pretty good credit score (Who knew?)and received a limit in the thousands. I originally wanted to use this card for necessities mainly gas and groceries. I have used the card for that but also Christmas presents. My family (aunts, uncles, and cousins) have a secret Santa person to get gifts for this year and everyone will get gifts for the kids. Currently my credit card balance is at around 500. Of course I will pay what I owe but I do not want continue to have a balance on the card. I do not like the idea of a credit card and I have been against getting one for a long time but I thought that it would be helpful in emergency situations and such. I have not received the first bill yet so we will see. 


No comments: