Monday, December 1, 2008

Breathless Memories

So I had an ok Thanksgiving. Nothing too exciting, ya know the usual. My aunt cooked a plethora of items, we ate, then I went to my boyfriends and ate there. I went to the movies to see Role Models and it was kinda funny... whispering eye he heh. Another fun thing I did over break was get sick. It started with a sore throat and has now become a full blown cold. It sucks yes. Oh and it's snowing which REALLY sucks. I hate snow...really just cold weather in general. But on the upside this semester is almost over and Christmas break is upon us... 2 weeks. AND... my birthday is in 26 days....heck yea 21. In other news I found one of my homies from high school on myspace. And I had heard that her cousin (who I was also cool with) died but I couldn't believe it until I saw her myspace name that read: "RIP Marcha Teaz Semens..." I was floored to finally have the reality of it in my face. I continued to look at the pics of Jennifer at the funeral and the pics of the good times they'd had. And always when something like this happens to someone you know it always makes you think. It's crazy for me to think I used to see this person, touch this person, and interact with this person and now I will never see them, touch them or interact with them EVER again. And when I think of this person from now on they will be nothing more than a lifeless form void of breathe, life, or mobility. This person ceases to exist. No new memories or experiences...NOTHING. It's almost amazing to me the finality of death. But life goes on. You just live in your moment but when that moment ends, the world continues to spin. Dictionary.com defines death this way: "the act of dying; the end of life; the total and permanent cessation of all the vital functions of an organism." I think it's the permanent part that kills (no pun intended) me. I think I will have to continue on this topic later because many other questions arise in my mind about but this blog would be way too expansive if I were to discuss all of them. And because I feel like I've said enough for now I will end it here.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

The finality of death is baffling, almost to the point where you cant seem wrap your head around it.

I wish you would have continued your thought process on it. Heres mine: (Its ALL over the place)

The ending of life is ambiguous, then there is the matter of wether or not that person exists after their life is over...but that all philosophy and semantics.

Dave & Busters still when you turn 21?

Jessica.

WordSnMotioN21 said...

Yea i feel you. I think you know my take on it. They dont exist on Earth anymore thats all I can say. LOL and heck yea we hitting up Dave and Busters (without ENW).Lol I like to end on a positive note.