Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Seven Pounds of Gifts

Ok so Saturday I hung out with my man. We actually had plans. We were gonna go out to eat and then to the movies. He wouldn't tell me where we were going out to eat at though. It really made me mad. I wanted to know but I liked that it was sort of a suprise. Well it ended up being Olive Garden. It was delicious. I love their bread. Afterwards we had plans to go to the movies but we finished eating early so we walked around Ward Parkway because our movie didn't start til 7:15. I bought some personal items and a gift for a certain someone. So we finally got to the movie. We went to see Seven Pounds, starring Will "he just don't know" Smith. It was a good movie. Kind of a tear jerker if you do that kind of thing. Now I know im not the only one wondering why this movie is titled Seven Pounds. Well I found the answer.

The title "Seven Pounds" refers to the Shakespearean pound-of-flesh metaphor, meaning a figurative debt that needs to be paid back.

Makes sense because Will helps 7 people.

Anyways moving on. Today Im suppose to go with my boyfriends mom to get his Christmas present. Im so low on funds. He told me he spent over 100 on me but I probably will barely spend half of that on him. I plan to get him gloves, wallet, and a watch. Hopefully if those items are reasonably priced. Maybe his mom can chip in too. ;) I still have two other people to buy gifts for and I must say it's not looking good. Oh and on an ending note. My 21st is in 4 days.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Olive Garden is the best....the bread sticks and salad are the reason. I need to see that movie. I was almost afraid to read the post for fear of spoilers. I am glad you and him finally went out and had a good time, it was well overdue.

Jessica.